Becoming A Professional Speaker with guest Lee JacksonSpeaking Influence
How do you go from public speaking to professional speaking?
What does the life of a professional speaker look like?
How important is it to have a book or two published?
As an author of multiple non-fiction books, an experienced speaker and a former president of the Professional Speaking Association in the UK, Lee Jackson knows a few things about what it takes to become a paid public speaker and how you go about building a business in on the back of public speaking work.
In this episode:
- What you really need to start as a professional speaker
- What does the average day of a pro speaker look like?
- Do you have to be funny to be paid?
- Do you need to be published to get bookings?
- Who should not consider becoming a pro speaker?
- What big mistake should you avoid?
- What the heck is a Kajagoogoo?
This and more in an informative but light-hearted conversation about professional speaking.
Lee has some great books available for you to check out. Get Good at Presenting and Get Good at Slides are a few you may particularly want to check out. They are also available to read for free if you have Kindle Unlimited. You can find out more about Lee and his speaking work and workshops from his website https://leejackson.org/
Lee recommends a few good books that are worth checking out:
- Outraged by Ashley 'Dotty' Charles
- Slideology by Nancy Duarte
- Unspeak by Steven Poole
- Bob Monkhouse's Complete Speaker's Handbook
If you enjoyed the episode, please consider sharing it with your network and stay subscribed for even more great guests in the coming year.
Now go and make great things happen.
All the online services you need to sell online courses, products and coaching in one service.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://speakinginfluence.supercast.tech/)